Parking Citations/Pay Fine/File an Appeal

Parking Citations

Any vehicle found on campus without a DSU parking permit or in violation of other rules and regulations will be cited, and a status check will be conducted to determine the purpose and intent of the driver/owner.

CAUTION: Two or more unpaid citations may result in vehicle impoundment. Excessive violations may result in revoking parking privileges. Not all violations are listed here, and the absence of such is not grounds for a defense.

Paying a Fine

Pay online here
(citation number and fine amount required)

DSU Mobile App > Links > DSU Parking Pass
(citation number and fine amount required)

Cashier’s Office, Holland building, 1st floor
(citation ticket required)

File an Appeal

If you feel you have received a parking citation in error, you are welcome to appeal it. Appeals are online only, and must be submitted within 15 days of citation issuance. If your appeal is received more than 15 days after the citation is issued, you forfeit your right to appeal, and the citation will be considered delinquent and will accrue a $20 late fee. Appeals are reviewed by a third party committee made up of students, faculty, and staff, can take up to two weeks, and their decisions are final.

Request form here

CAUTION: If the appeal is denied and the fine was not paid within 5 days the citation was issued, the fine owed will be the FULL amount listed on the citation.

What happens if I get a citation and don’t pay it?

Each citation is entered into a computer database that tracks them. If a citation is not cleared by payment or appeal within 15 calendar days of issue, a $20 late fee will automatically be attached. If the citation is not cleared within 14 days of the end of a semester it goes to a delinquent fines list. Any further registration attempts by the student will be blocked, and transcripts will be held in suspension until all fines are paid in full. In the case that the owner/driver of a vehicle is not a student, the citation may reissue as a St. George PD citation and go to a collection agency.